Saturday, July 14, 2012

Life is no fun without a good scare!





            For a long long time ago, when I was 3 years old, there is one movie that I have never forgotten;  it is called “The nightmare before Christmas”. It is the first horror film in my life and it totally stuck in my head until this day. At first time that I watched it, I think this film is very very scary! (Of course, I was just a kid!) I can remember that I watch this film several times until the video tape was broken, so you can say that I am addicted to it like a drug or something. I think this is the cause why I love to watch scary films so much when I grown up.




              “The nightmare before Christmas” is the stop motion musical fantasy film, and it was produced by Tim Burton. The story is about Jack Skellington, a creature from “Halloween Town” who is responsible for setting up The Halloween Festival in human world. One day he accidently goes to the “Christmas Town”, and then when he comes back from “Christmas Town”, he decide that he want to be in charge of setting up The Christmas Festival instead of Santa Clause who is actually in charge of  this festival, and this is how the riot begin.


            At that time, the animation film is new; it is not easy to make it like in this time because nowadays the technology is in very high level, so it took three years for making this film complete. The songs in this film are very remarkable because it sounds very dark and spooky but beautiful in its own way. It can go along with the animation very well. I think this film should be given some prizes because it is the first stop-motion film, it is a legend for me, but in fact, it does not have even one.



            Others film of Tim Burton are “Edward Scissorhands” (this is older than The Nightmare before Christmas and it is my favorite too.), “Corpse Bride”, “Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street”, and “Dark Shadow.” Finally, this film is worth watching for every age, if you have not watched this film yet, I would like you to watch it because “life is no fun without a good scare!”   



Here are some songs from this film….check it out!

          








Trick or Treat!!!






3 comments:

  1. hey, I have seen some movie like this before, but not this one. It looks a lot like this movies there character look similar, but I forgot its name - -''
    I watch it 3 or 4 years ago maybe it was the same movies!!
    I still can't remember what the movie is about either XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I miss my childhood. I still remember watching this for the first time and how I fell in love with Jack.
    Praise the great Tim Burton!!

    ReplyDelete