Monday, July 9, 2012


Have You Ever Run Away From Home?






Hi! What are you going to do on this weekend? If you did not have any plans yet, I would like to suggest you “Moonrise Kingdom” for your precious weekend. “Moonrise Kingdom” is directed by two-time Academy Award nominated filmmaker Wes Anderson from “The Royal Tenenbaums” in 2001 and “Fantastic Mr. Fox in 2009”, and also “Moonrise Kingdom” was a premiered film at the 2012 Cannes Film Festival, where it screened in competition.




The story focuses on Sam (Jared Gilman) and Suzy (Kara Hayward), they both are twelve-year-old kids that fall in love with each other. Sam and Suzy are weird kids or maybe you can call them misfits. They cannot get along with their friends; and either their families quite do not understand them well. Then one day Sam and Suzy decide to run away from their own home with a well prepared plan to live in their own place where there are only them at their place, no parents, no other people who do not understand them, so they name it Moonrise Kingdom. 







This film made me missing my childhood again when I was young and do not know much about the real world and I just want to do what I want to do. I think I could say that everyone have ever dreamed of running away from home once in their life. Living with your own way without your parents’ rules, going to school, doing homework; and live with only your gang or someone who you like or maybe someone who you fall in love with. 





This film is funny and cute watching how these kids can run away from home and live in their own kingdom that we could not make it come true when we were young. It is kind of fulfilling my childhood’s dream; and after watching this film, it reminded me of being bold to live your life as you want it just like these kids, do not let what other people saying control you. It is your life! 
Finally, if you read my article and would like to watch this film, it is now showing at Apex Lido cinema at Siam square. I hope you enjoy your weekend!



THANKS FOR READING!



3 comments:

  1. Ohhhh I'm dying to see this film, haven't had time yet though !! By the way, great review, made me want to see it more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remind me of French films, Amélie. It's artistic and illogical, but interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like i was watching with you.55 How's cute!!

    ReplyDelete