Sunday, July 15, 2012

         Have you ever tried Japanese food?

  


        I am so sure most of you must say "yes". In Thailand,  there are many Japanese restaurant such as Fuji, Oishi, Zen,Ootoya and etc. As much as we know, Japanese food is quit popular all around the world. 

         Sushi must be the first Japanses food that  people can figure it out.However, today I would like to present one of  famous Japanese food that is Japanese curry.
      

     We have seen from time to time in Japanese cartoon since we were young. Still, how many of us have eaten it. 
          Today I would like to share you my first experience at a Japanese curry restaurant which must be an awesome place for Japanese curry-mania named Cocoichibanya.

                Cocoichibanya is a kind of Japanese restaurants but they serve just curry. That is why Cocoichibanya call itself curry house. It opened for first time in Thailand in 2008 by Oishi group.

      I go  to this curry house at Esplanade which placed on Ratchada Road. Cocoichibanya is the first restaurant on your left hand when you steps in Esplanade.



     
     "There are various curry dishes on menu. Moreover, you can customize your own dish ; for example, you can choose the spicy levels, amount of rice and various of topping."


    
       
  "The thing you must know before you visit Cocoichibanya is there are 4 steps to order at Cocoichibanya ." 


 



 1. Order your own dish. 

 2. Choose amount of rice. If you decrease, you will save money.




 
 


 3. Choose the spicy levels.

 4. Choose topping. there are various cost for each topping.






          

       Today I ordered pork katsu(fried pork with rice). I decreased amount of rice and chose spicy level 3. Eventually I ordered boiled eggs as my topping ^ ^


my dish!!




           It was served with big plate. Anyway, it seemed a few rice for me to eat. At my first bite, It was quit fair but it was spicy a few minutes later. Japanese curry may not hot like Thai chilly. If you are Thai people, I am sure you can take spicy level 3.


        

       When i ate almost the half of the dish, it was greasy.    I thought  I need some vegetable.  My cousin suggested me to eat this one ( in the picture). It was preserved cabbage which was a bit  sweet, but I can say it help me much...




      


     
        In term of the cost, i think it was quite expensive for student. My dish cost around 160 baht ,service charge 7 percentages and vat 7 percentage.However, it isn't bad to try something original in this cost. It tastes good than other dishes I have eaten before..



So I must say it for sure. You should taste this one to change your Japanese curry experience forever.  ; )))


9 comments:

  1. It looks simply, but you make it more interesting. I like Japanese food too, especially Ramen!!

    At Esplanade right ?
    I'm sure I'll go there someday ;]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had it before, it was delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've passed this restaurant for many times but I've never stop by to go inside coz I think It might expensive.As seen in your review I think the price is as the same rate as pepperlunch, so I would try it next time. Anyway I think your order is look like kid's meal ;]

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's my favorite one! A preserved cabbage makes curry rice more tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why don't you like the red cabbage thing..WHY?
    I LOVE IT! I can't get enough of them and that's why I love this restaurant.
    I agree that the cost is almost high but after finish the curry,
    I felt full and I don't want to eat anything all day!

    Nice Choice:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. CoCo is one of my favorite restaurants, i love the way i can chose the spicy level but for me ,even level 5, it's not actually that spicy as i expected.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have seen this place many times but have never tried it. maybe I'll go there for lunch today. I am so hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this restaurant, but never get attached because it's expensive 5555
    Thanks for your post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've tried the most spicy dish, thinking that it wouldn't do no harm.






    I was wrong.

    ReplyDelete