Sunday, August 19, 2012


Palio the Colorful Corner

                This was the first time I saw such a beautiful and amazing place ever in Thailand.  It is called Palio.  It is located in Khaoyai, Nakhonratchasima, the north east of Thailand.  I had a short trip for my holiday two years ago.  If you go to Palio, the first thing that attracts you is the color of buildings.  They are colorful soft and bright tone, and the buildings are created in European style.  They are very unique and wonderful.  I have never seen this kind of architecture in Thailand before.  I just forgot all of my tiredness when I arrived and was stunned by the place.  Inside the Palio, there are a wide range of shops and restaurants. You can find many clothes shops, food and drink, desserts, house decoration or souvenir shops.  However, the price is quite expensive for me.  If you can prepare your own stuff like drinking water, it would be better because the price is double.

                Palio has many small zigzag ways.  It is like labyrinth.  Make sure that you remember the way you leave.  Otherwise, you might get lost.  I have had that experience once because I could not remember the buildings.  But don’t worry, it is not that complicated and confused.  You will be more joyful.  If you are interested in going there, I suggest you go in summer or winter because the
atmosphere is better than rainy season.  You will see every beautiful thing very clear.  Surrounding the place, there are
scenic green mountains standing far away.  It gives you a breathtaking view, and you can feel that you are among the beautiful nature.

                Another thing that I would like to suggest you is that you’d better go to Palio in the afternoon and stay there a bit late in the evening.  You will see the different fantastic view during this time especially when the sun goes down.  Furthermore, the entry is very cheap.  It is just 20 baht.  So next holiday, make the Palio in your itinerary ! You would not be disappointed !







5 comments:

  1. I will go there, I swear I will go there!!!
    I love its buildings, so colorful. Can't wait to grab a camera and take photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buildings are amazing! They are very lively and colorful. I've never gone there but I really want to! So beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sound interesting!
    The decoration style are unique and lovely.
    Do you have any recommend restaurant?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been there once, it was amazing!!

    ReplyDelete